martedì 24 settembre 2013

Mojo Pins





























 
 
 

“Medals, coins, military insignia.
Inspired by a fictional world
dear to our hearts,
Thought for you,
For your inspiration,
For your loose interpretation.”
 
These pins are dedicated to a wonderful and mysterious city: New Orleans, where lives our special ('cose she's really special!) friend Alessia, and to one of our favourite singer-songwriter : Jeff Buckley.
Every pins is unique: handmade embroidery linen in round metal frame; on the other side of coin there’s the trademark “La D” hand-stamped with textile colors (Now available in my Etsy shop).
 
I've just chosen "Grace" for soundtrack, so now i  want leave you a song:
the Animals 1964 hit version of the
 
"House Of The Rising Sun"
 
There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one

My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new bluejeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans

Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and trunk
And the only time he's satisfied
Is when he's on a drunk

Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun

Well, I got one foot on the platform
The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
To wear that ball and chain

Well, there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God I know I'm one
               
 
 

Nessun commento: